1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Unofficial Lollipop on the X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Marty, May 18, 2017.

1. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Marty.. my TV screen is loosing zoom and I can't select resolution. Is there anyway I can disable auto switch to best resolution. Also I want the zoom to be 87%. Is there anywhere I can update this settings. Other than that Lollipop is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

If anyone has tried TeamDevDigitel 5.1.1 on this box and the outcome? Just being curious if it would solve audio jack problem.
  3. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Did you (Marty) use the same remote file on this Lollipop? If not, could you please guide me on how to extract this file from Minix F011?
  4. Marty

Marty Active Member

Yes I overwrote the remote.conf file with the Minix one on the ROM, but if it's broken for you then download FW011 for SD install and look under:
    \system\etc and there you'll find remote.conf
  5. Marty

Marty Active Member

Hi Maneesh, I don't think it is possible to do this on the box, the settings you are talking about from Minix was a custom app that I could not get to work on Lollipop.

Can you not do this through your TV settings? I have the option under my settings on an older TV to select "Fit to Screen", however on my newer TV's it auto fits accordingly.
  6. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Can anyone suggest any launcher that is flashable other than Leanback on this box. I applied opengapp tvstock and now leanback launcher encountered problem to run. any cooperation to this?

if anyone has modified build.prop to fit in leanback launcher and other opengapp app please post back here. thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  7. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Thanks Marty. The TV is not able to auto adjust. I can see its not saving my zoom settings. Seems no proper write permission to /sys/class/video to save settings. Any help will be appreciated
  8. Henrique Ferreira

Henrique Ferreira New Member

Is it possible to revert to original version after flashing?

Thanks
  9. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I think it's a case of just reflashing with official firmware but if anything goes wrong then this...
    erocs likes this.
  10. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I just reflashed the stock Minix rom no problems
  11. Marty

Marty Active Member

Yes
  12. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Hi, the version of Lollipop .img we have installed already was in size 745MB ... I am wondering if it was a beta release for MXIII G.

I don't know what MXIII G they are discussing about on the following link but the link they provided (Of .img) shows file size more than 800MB, bigger of 745MB. Can We try this version on X8-H Plus?

Here is the discussion link:
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...98-flash-mxiii-g-firmware-to-goobang-doo-xb-i

Share your thought on this.
  13. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

If anyone has tried this TeamDevDigitel 5.1.1 then tell us about it. I flashed the rom from TWRP using given TWRP from recovery and brought into error7. I never tried with TWRP 2.8.xx Version and don't know if it would exhibit same error. I also didn't flash custom boot image that was given on the link or system prop. So, I gave up. If anyone is much confident about not bricking the device with that process then go with it and present your outcome here. I will certainly appreciate for this.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...-m8s-s812-chipset-clones-development-t3410181
  14. Romeo1980

Romeo1980 New Member

Marty, thanks a lot.
    It works great so far.
    Kodi 17 works great.
    Marty likes this.
  15. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Marty. So far i managed to get everything working. Used the ScreenShift app to adjust the overscan and Kodi Krypton has option to change the zoom. Only issue pending is how to make fake wifi working on Lollipop. some of the app doesn't work on LAN and i prefer LAN to wifi
  16. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Marty.. i need help to install xposed in the new lollipop. i am not able to install from recovery. should i insert the SD card with teamwin to install this??
  17. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Is it officially announced by Minix that they wont be supporting Lollipop for X8 H plus???
  18. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

19. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hello . Henrique minix x8h plus device allow you to upgrade or downgrade any firmware. Try The latest beta official firmware and give us feedback. Minix will after release The official final lollipop version
  20. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Root need to be done first fully then try to install xposed framework. I'm not sure what xposed framework would actually support on it.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk