1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Waggy03, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Waggy03

Waggy03 New Member

I recently purchased the Neo U9-h with the A3 Airmouse and generally, I am delighted with them. BUT I am having a problem with the A3 constantly losing it's pairing with the box - I am aware that Bluetooth devices do lose pairing but not every five minutes or so. Sometimes when I log on, the remote has remembered the pairing but within minutes it loses it. Sometimes also if I do nothing the pairing comes back. Is there any setting on the box that I can change to improve this. I am concerned that having to remove the batteries and the usb 'dongle' so often can cause unnecessary wear and damage. I would appreciate any advice.

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

The A3 is not Bluetooth but a 2.4GHz wireless device.

How is it losing pairing exactly?
    I have never had a MINIX remote ever lose pairing! On occassions I have had to recalibrate them but not re-pair.

3. Waggy03

Waggy03 New Member

I realised that I had said Bluetooth after I pressed the button but was too lazy to put in a correction. What I mean by losing pairing is that the A3 just stops working and I have cleared it on occasions by running through pairing routine again. Being a complete novice here, I did not think of recalibration but I will do that now. Many thanks for your response.

4. mdmrx

mdmrx Member

Same it stops working, icon doesnt move. I have to push toggle button on remote a3.

Real problem is how can I write ..
    After a few moves , icon on screen and mouse pointer are far from each other.
    To make it go right end of tv maybe I must point a3 to far right of tv..for example onto the wall..

5. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

I have found a simple remedy....Hold the mouse button down and drag the mouse to the extreme left or right of the tv screen. keep pushing the remote away from the edge of the tv screen and the bring the remote slowly back in line with the cursor until the direction of the A3 ligns up with the mouse position. Then do the same for the top and bottom of the screen.
    Hey presto it works. if you do not understand me....then send a reply. Hope it solves your problem. mine calibrated fine in accordance to minix insttuctions. but occasionally it gets a wee bit out of sync direction. So i just use the above method. But to be honest, 99% of the time i use a mouse and a dongle in the box as well as the dongle for the A3 in case I ever use it.

Regards

6. mdmrx

mdmrx Member

yes .. mouse fixes itself..u can calibrate it on the screen but disorders again after a few movement.

7. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

Sure....i realise that....but once i carry out the remedy i wrote about, it stays stable. But as I said i much prefer to use a mouse.

8. mdmrx

mdmrx Member

k thx..i ll check and try it soon

9. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

If for example the cursor on screeen is to the extreme right of your screen and you have to point the A3 way to the right of the screen......move the A3 until.the cursor is on the left edge of the screen.....keep moving the A3 past the edge of the screen.....then move the A3 back to the edge of the screen. if the mouse cursor has moved away from the edge of the screen.....move the A3 past the left edge of the screen again. keep repeating the process until the A3 lines up directly with the on screen cursor.
    Obviously the same method applies to whichever side of the screen is giving you the problem.

And this also applies to top and bottom of the screen issues. Good luck and hope you can understand my step by step remedy.

Regards

10. Villa

Fn+Y is a better option!

11. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

Absolutely agree Villa. I always reset it that way. But sometimes the cursor is nowhere near the direction of the on screen cursor.

I just experimented by accident and came across this solution.
    So....in future I will follow your advice if and when the issue re arises. Strangely enough, I have just been reading the instructions again. I may have made the mistake of inserting the receiver into the box before pressing FN + Y. So will try that shortly. It may resolve the misalignment/misdirection accuracy of A3 and on screen cursor. or, in your experience does it matter if the receiver is already in the box before you press FN+Y...?

12. Villa

As far as I'm aware the dongle has to be inserted for Fn+Y to work.
    But Fn+P pairs the remote with the dongle and in this instance I think the dongle should not be inserted initially.
    See here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/a2-lite-dongle-purchase.15363/#post-127775

13. Waggy03

Waggy03 New Member

Further to the above, I have now discovered that the dongle does not always make contact - I have to manipulate to connect properly. I now need to discover if the fault is in my U9-h or the dongle. I will return.

14. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

Thanks for that. But now i am slightly confused....what is the difference between FN +Y and FN+ P?

15. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

Sorry.......think i understand now.....one is to avtivate they gyro to use the mouse function.....
    And the other is to pair the A3 and receiver to facilitate use of the remote buttons on one side and keyboard on the other.

16. mdmrx

mdmrx Member

no matter what u do..after a few left to right, right to left moves, the distance of cursor, and the pointer has a lot gap.. sry if my english is failing to explain..
    a3 is a good option for remote that has play-pause button on..and typing...that s all i think.
    the remote control must have more buttons to play etc movie files and to browse in ext hdd or network..
    So minix must develope its own medai payer and file browser and must add those buttons on remote c.
    I still use dune bd prime 3.0 linux based media player..you can do everything with the buttons on remote..

to pause, stop, learn info, go ffw or back..to navigate on screen all the time to do something is boring n waste of time :)

due rem.jpg

17. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

Thank you for the info. Cannot understand why your remote is si innacurate. Mine has no issues.
    But you are right....the A3 still lacks many other functions that other remotes have. Butmu .logitech mouse covers all functions by using on screen...pause....play ...rewind ....record etc et
    Regards

Villa likes this.
  18. Villa

I've been using MINIX remotes for some years now and find they have everything you need. No reason to have an on-screen keyboard, which you would need if using a mouse!
    The FF/RW, Pause/Play functions of these remotes are excellent, when an app supports them, otherwise you just activate the flymouse/gyro feature and select on-screen. (y)

Dan7385 likes this.
  19. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

I agree. but i am a newbie to the A3 and still trying to learn to use the A3 keyboard. i am sure it is a lot.easier than my mouse method of using an OSD keyboard. just been doing that for several years with all the minixes I have had. just that old bad habits die hard. Maybe time to take this A3 keyboard and try it out.
    Now that the A3 is with the U9h, I will start experimenting. will get back to you once I have become accustomed to this system. Many thanks for all your advice.
    Anyway, it id almost 1230 am (7 hours ahead of UK time) where I live and am off to bed shortly.so any replies will be answered tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Villa likes this.
  20. Villa

I use the MINIX airmouse keyboards so often I wear them out, the detail that is! :):confused:
    I'm not in the UK so you're 6 hours ahead of me! :D