1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Why should I install xbmc for Minix?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX FAQs & Guides' started by yudumcan, Sep 17, 2016.

1. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Why should I install xbmc for Minix instead of SPMC or Kodi? What are the differences and what is a video passthrough?
    There's no guide or explanation on the forums so thought this could help people to understand the differences and why we should run one or the other.
    Cheers
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

You can run all three if you desire also if you search the forum you'll find plenty of information
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  3. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Even if I install all three I don't know what I'm looking for. For me it's all the same
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Do you have/use an audio receiver/amplifier? You will probably need to use MINIX XBMC or SPMC for passthrough to function correctly!

I have all three installed, but at the moment I am happy with Kodi installed from the Play Store as I do not use a receiver. The others are installed purely for tinkering with and comparison.
  5. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Does not exist, only AUDIO passthrough exist (untouched audio information passed through to audio receiver which is able to handle this information)...
    At the U1 you have to use, like @Villa already explained, MINIX XBMC (15.3 and 16.x) or SPMC to get propper (flawless) audio passthrough...
    Bob Roberts and midnight like this.
  6. m6242

m6242 Active Member

With latest MINIX XBMC 16.3 Beta , passthrough is still not possible anymore. MP3 is fine but video sound is painful.
    At the moment only SPMC in Version 16.2 works perfect. 16.4 the latest version have the same problem.
    Offical Kodi Version from Google Store even doesn't work if you use passthrough.

Will there ever been a working version for passthrough from MINIX ?
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I don't use audio passthrough but from reading through the forum, passthrough DOES work with the latest Minix XBMC 16.3 beta. Minix have tested it and plenty of users have confirmed its working for them.
    I can only suggest you have an issue with your settings and/or hardware.
  8. m6242

m6242 Active Member

Hi Higgs, where have you read that? I only find that they fixed an issue with long movie files.
    My Settings are quite simple i think. In Android settings I use SPDIF or HDMI Bitstream. In Kodi i switched to passthrough in Systems/Audio.
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-fw010-20161012.14475/
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-fw010-20161012.14475/#post-112264
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-fw010-20161012.14475/#post-112279

There are many other posts about passthrough on the forum but I haven't time to go looking for them now :sleep:
  10. Villa

I don't have a need for passthrough either like Higgs, and my understanding is that if you do require it then the answer is to use MINIX XBMC.
    midnight likes this.
  11. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

what are you talking about......passthrough works absolutely fine with minix xbmc 16.3 beta
  12. eastp

eastp New Member

Passthrough on my U1 is flawless! I love my U1and highly recommend it to anyone considering an Android purchase.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
    midnight likes this.
  13. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Well I don't know about the X7 but passthrough on XBMC for Minix works fine on my U1.
  14. Villa

@Johno102 you hit the nail on the head! @m6242 didn't say which device, but it is obvious from his signature.
    He needs to be using this version...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/spmc-16-x-kodi-modified-for-rockchip.12201/
    Frederick_99 likes this.
  15. m6242

m6242 Active Member

Yes I'm using Minix X7. So the question is if Minix will integrate the SPMC solution from HardwareGuru with rockchip in the official XBMC Minix.
  16. Villa

Does this answer your question?
  17. m6242

m6242 Active Member

Hi Villa,
    glad to hear this, but it is not the answer to my question.

Why not integrate the fix from HardwareGuru into official XBMC 16.3 Beta? So passthrough works on all Minix devices ?
  18. Villa

I think, because the X7 is Rockchip!
    If you need passthrough then use @HardwareGuru's build. :)
    @HardwareGuru maybe you can explain?
  19. silvapa

silvapa Member

Kodi was having audio issues on my U1. XBMC works just fine.
  20. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts New Member

Thank you for that.