1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official firmware 008 (20160115)

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 008' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

piggy99 likes this.
  2. TommyFox

TommyFox New Member

No OTA available in Italy

Inviato dal mio NEO-X8-H utilizzando Tapatalk
  3. piggy99

piggy99 New Member

4. Cip

Cip New Member

Official 008 firmware has been released.

Full system image with USB flashing tool:
    Will be uploaded soon.

This "soon" is gonna be soon? I'm waiting for it from some time now!
  5. gjs999

gjs999 Active Member

its the 1st post in this thread
  6. Villa

That is the full .zip update! The Full System Image .rar has not been provided yet.
    Why can't you use the .zip file?
    I guess you want to perform a clean install!
    Try this...
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008_20160114.rar
    MD5 Checksum: 1cdc36547eee319e9312618ff8ad5f0f
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

sangaz, damca and Villa like this.
  8. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We haven't open the OTA update window yet.
    Too much traffic recently, server is overloading.
  9. Wolf10.08

Wolf10.08 New Member

Poor man and poor Minix, so many boxes sold and got not enough money for a big server....
    There are many ways to split a poor server traffic!!?

Gesendet von meinem ZP999 mit Tapatalk
  10. wellvidal

wellvidal Member

Ken partner: Excuse my ignorance. I have always done my updates in the Update Original apparatus. I never had a problem. I am trying to update the release 008 and minix informs that already updated. However, it stays with Att. 007A September / 2015. I downloaded .zip as directed with 546 503 Kb. File Manager was selected the file and used the Android installer. Gives error message. "File Not Found". I am missing at some procedure? In addition to updating you 008 also recommends Load MINIX_XBMC_20151230.apk file? I appreciate the help
  11. Villa

Did you read Ken's post above?
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x...firmware-008-20160115.10455/page-2#post-85094

To update using the USB .zip update package (keeping exisiting data, requires FAT32 USB drive) follow these instructions...

Update instruction:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-use-the-usb-zip-update-method-x6-x8-series.6828/
  12. wellvidal

wellvidal Member

Villa exact Partner. X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008.Zip downloaded the file and recorded in a newly formatted flash drive in FAT32. Via File maneger, selection arquivo.zip, Androide installer and error message. Some wrongdoing?
  13. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

Not sure what you mean by Android Installer. Do you mean the AppInstaller app or the System Update app (blue icon with the wording OAT and Minix on it)? However, as you are updating the firmware via the USB.zip method then you should not be using either of them!!

Follow the procedure in the USB.zip update instructions link in Villa's post above. In case you don't understand what I mean, just click on the link below and follow the instructions exactly as written:

How to use the USB.zip update method (X6, X8 Series)
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  14. wellvidal

wellvidal Member

Menorca partner: Only to confirm the file name to be processed is X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008.Zip or Update.zip / Rar?
  15. Menorca Man

I confirm it is X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008.Zip
  16. wellvidal

wellvidal Member

Menorca partner: I put this in a .zip pendrive 16gb newly formatted in FAT32, used the procedure to use the button of Recovery + Power simultaneous went to the last step of the Ken menu but the file does not appear on screen for selection. So I thought I would need to rename the file to update.zip. The program of the Code must call the update.zip (default name Android updating). I am sure ? I need to rename the file? If so, you must also install the APK MINIX_XBMC_20151230?
  17. Menorca Man

Just copy the X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008.Zip file to the pendrive as is. No need to rename it or unzip it!! If that doesn't work, try a different USB socket on your Minix or use an SD card instead.
  18. Gopichand Pai

Gopichand Pai Member

OTA is available now. Was able to update to FW008 without any issues.
  19. wellvidal

wellvidal Member

Partners Menorca and Gopichand:
    Thank you for your help. I am now at work. When I get home I'll try via OTA. I return the result.
  20. EdT586

EdT586 Member

OTA server online. Updated to 008 20160115 just fine. Only a small 23mb patch file. Wonder why it was even necessary to release 008 for the frivolous issues listed on the change log ?