1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

XBMC for MINIX Edition - Kodi v17.6 final

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by blizzard, Nov 16, 2017.

1. blizzard

blizzard Member

Dear MINIX Dev Team,

I tried the previous betas of XBMC for MINIX based on Kodi v17.3 and v17.4, they are pretty buggy.
    Based on my experience with previous releases (v15, v16) XBMC for MINIX has definitely better performance on my MINIX U1, than official Kodi releases.
    Since the developement/release of XBMC for MINIX seems to be time consuming and not continuous, is there any way to create my own version using Kodi v17.6 source code?

I think the community would really like to see XBMC for MINIX release after each Kodi (final) major release.

Can we expect to have XMBC for MINIX v17.6 any time soon? It looks like now the Kodi v17.6 is pretty stable.

Thanks!
    Labsdj and kingsizept like this.
  2. blizzard

blizzard Member

@MINIX - Ken could you please let us know your opinion/input on this topic?
    Labsdj likes this.
  3. Labsdj

Labsdj New Member

i wanted this version too!! is make great to us!
  4. blunderbuss

blunderbuss New Member

I would absolutely love to to see XMBC for MINIX 17.6. I'm stuck using XMBC for MINIX 13.3 as it the only one that sees my Windows 10 shares. Please guys! Let's do this!
  5. Aaron1966

Aaron1966 New Member

17.6 is buggy that's for sure! I think the last really reliable version was 17.2 or 3. With 17.6, when you hit the back button it disconnects for a second.... like there's no signal to the tv. Screen goes blank then reappears.... super annoying.... worst bug yet wow!!!
    DonaldS likes this.
  6. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

@Aaron1966, not my experience at all. Each release gets more stable with fewer bugs. 17.6 is the best Kodi 17 release so far, although I should add I am running it on a Minix U9-H.
  7. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

skynet likes this.
  8. blizzard

blizzard Member

it's a shame on MINIX team, that there are no updates of XBMC for MINIX....
    themoviedb.org scraper not working again with v16.3, poor support!
  9. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

skynet likes this.
  10. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

11. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

12. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

13. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

14. blizzard

blizzard Member

With SPMC 17.6a2 the picture is stuttering with my U1 (FW013).
    Same for others?

Still the best player is XBMC Minix Version 16.3 :/
  15. blunderbuss

blunderbuss New Member

I agree that XMBC Minix 16.3 is best for U1 (after trying all other versions of Kodi, XMBC, SPMC) but still can't connect to my Windows Shares. I use Kodi 18 nightlies for that. Annoying but functional I guess.
    blizzard likes this.
  16. blizzard

blizzard Member

This is why I don't understand why MINIX Dev Team doesn't provide us new build (17.6).....
    In this case next time probably I will try a device from a different manufacturer, because MINIX devices are cool, but no new (and regular) proper player....
    blunderbuss likes this.
  17. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

skynet likes this.
  18. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

skynet likes this.
  19. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

20. DonaldS

DonaldS New Member

Indeed he is right. 17.6 is I don't think a reliable version. I have also switched back to 17.2. Can't say about the rest but 17.2 is the best for me.Doesn't lag or crash at all.
    skynet likes this.