1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Xtreamer Wonder Pro Android 5.1 firmware on X8-H Plus?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by ventara, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Bennett83

Bennett83 Active Member

it's a 2014 box and no boxes have ever had more than one OS upgrade to be fair
  2. Essam

Essam New Member

Not true, Probox2 got an upgrade to lollipop from KitKat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Not true? o_O That is one OS upgrade! ;)
    Also @Bennett83 may only be referring to MINIX devices.
    Higgs likes this.
  4. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

more than one is the focus here.
    this device hasn't gotten any. it was shipped with 4.4.2. and it'll be EOL with 4.4.2
    to be fair, i believe every owner of this device love it. i think what we find it hard to swallow is, paying premium for the specs and brand but not going to receive what
    we hope for. even my budget flagship phone, shipped with 4.4.2 is running official 7.1 now
    Essam likes this.
  5. Essam

Essam New Member

I agree, and add that it has become even more important because of Kodi 17 minimal requirement of Lollipop. I bought the U1 for this reason but, honestly, I do not think Minix can talk itself out of this!
  6. kenball1980

kenball1980 New Member

when i bought this box, the fact that Minix had OTA updates, strong customer support and a solid build justified the expense, when I could have got a box with similar specs for less than half of what I paid. I am not the type that always needs the latest and greatest, but I thought i was buying something that would be sufficient to use for much longer than the year and a half Ive had it. the fact that minix will not or has not, well past the point of neccesity, offered a rom update to 5.1 confirms that i will never buy another minix product again. im on all kinds of forums promoting this company, that is definately over. I have a shield tv, an m8s, and a google nexus box, so i have the means to use Kodi 17. but the fact is this was my box of choice untill now. i had my x8h+ in the living room as a media center, an android gaming box, and a retro game emulator. now my $35 m8s box will take its place....disappointed is not the word. if someone at minix is reading this, for your sake, step your game up or nothing good is going to come out of this.
    MrBig, me who, traidory and 1 other person like this.
  7. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

I've been following this thread. I sell a lot of Android boxes and the Minix line is the one we push, unless the customer does not want t pay the price.
    In my experience MOST android boxes have more than 1 upgrade. As a matter of fact I find this is the norm in the industry. So it appears Minix has taken the strategy to use obsolescence to increase their profits. Otherwise they would update the x8h plus to 5, as there is enough ROM memory and processor speed to support it. Usually the reason a company does not upgrade is because the unit cannot handle the larger file size and processor needed. But Minix has the U1 which is almost exactly like the x8h-plus. They call it an upgrade, when in reality there are only minor changes.
    I find this unethical business practices and can no longer, in good conscience carry Minix products. I will also warn consumers, on a global level, not to purchase Minix products because of this rapid planned obsolescence. This is a real shame as I was a big fan of Minix. I own 2 X8h-plus units and 2 U1 units, as well as my Son just purchase a U1 on my recommendation.
    MacDonald89 and scubascuba3 like this.
  8. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

Yo @MrBig , well ... it's a "Wild World" ...

haha.. pun intended!
  9. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

For those who don't get it! o_O:)

MrBig and setopboxer like this.