1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

YouTube for Android TV - Update

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by Adam Foreman, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

I have been trying to use the standard YouTube app from the store and it's OK, but you have to use your Airmouse.

That's OK for people that have an Airmouse, but if you only have the remote that comes as standard, YouTube is pretty much impossible to navigate.

So I'm very happy that Google has gone back and started development again on their Android TV Box version. It's much more remote friendly and easy to navigate using a standard Remote.

Current Version: 2.00.19 (released 9th August 2017)

Link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...be-for-android-tv-android-tv-2-00-19-release/

It seems more development is on the way.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I tend not to use the TV version, but I tried this new version and the layout is terrible compared to the preinstalled v1.3.8
  3. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

It's getting better though, Links to other videos are now visible on screen whereas the original didn't work. This version is really for people that don'y have an Airmouse. I'm glad that Google has gone back and continued development and is at least making visible changes, even if they are not to everyone's taste. Google has obviously recognised that the Android TV market is becoming a huge user base of untapped installers.
  4. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

An example of the new version of YouTube for Android TV. You now can see YouTube links and YouTube channel logo. This is a great new addition to the TV version. [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  5. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

6. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

@MINIX - Ken - Not sure if you agree, but asking you to review this app and whether it should be added to the next NEO U1 Firmware Update. I know it's not to everyone's taste visually, however functionality should come before cosmetics.

1. The new version has removed the restriction of the number of subscribed channels
    2. Added back brand Accounts and channel Switching.
    3. YouTube links to other videos and channels now appear on screen.
    4. Bug Fixes

As far as I'm concerned, I think it works significantly better now, especially if you have the basic U1 remote without Airmouse which makes it easy to navigate around the screen just by using the basic directional buttons.

See what you think. New versions maybe available before your new firmware gets released so it's worth keep checking just before. But it's great news for Android TV Box owners, Google has realised that there is a huge user base.

Cheers